In this course, you will learn :
- Explore the properties of raw materials such as wood, wax, polyester, and synthetic clay to learn about product design.
- To create your own materials library, experiment with simple tools and materials to explore colours, values, and intensities.
- Investigate how materials react to Lex's experiments. Discover how the properties of a material affect the solutions to your design problems.
- Learn how to blend colours into various materials, as well as how to work with tonality, blocking, and transitions.
- find out how to make a colour palette and colour combinations Experiment with different materials to learn how to use chemicals safely.
- Experiment with different ways to add to your materials library by experimenting with wood, polyester, and wax.
- Learn how Lex comes up with his own projects by investigating who it was designed for and why.
- Defining the Relation of Color and Materials
- Material Properties
- Tonality, Color Blocking and Color Transitions
- Experiment 1: Clay and Color
- Experiment 2: Metals and Color
- Experiment 3: Wood and Polyester
- Experiment 4: Wax
3. Making It to Design
- Analyse and Reflect
- Developing Products: Craft vs. Design
- How to Go Further and Make your Designs Come To Life
- How to Communicate Your Work