In this course, you will :
- Marisa and Alba go over the course's tools and materials, including how to use them safely.
- Learn how to properly prepare the mould for cutting the tiles and how to make a pattern stencil to paint your first tile.
- Then, while hearing some painting tips and correction techniques, practise painting your designs on paper.
- As Maria and Alba guide you through the process, make four tiles by moulding and cutting the clay.
- Learn how to use the Majolica technique to glaze your tiles. Paint your first tile with the stencil you created in the previous unit.
- For the second tile, learn the traditional Sgraffito technique, and for the third, learn the Strezido technique.
- Finally, experiment with different techniques on the final tile.
1. Materials, Patterns, and Painting Exercises
- Preparation for the Techniques
- How to Paint, Tips, and Corrections
2. Making the Tiles and Painting Techniques
- Molding and Cutting the Clay
- Glazing and the Majolica Technique
- The Stencil and Sgraffito Techniques
- The Strezido Technique
- Combining Techniques: Freehand and Stencil
3. Portuguese Patterns, Uses, and Handling
- Types of Patterns. Creating Patterns through Repetition
- Applications and Care