In this course, you will :
- Explore the concept of upcycling and review the course materials.
- Investigate novel DIY techniques and how they can be used to create a variety of patterns and finishes.
- Collect images for a mood board, then learn how to identify colour combinations that complement one another.
- Visualize your upcycled piece by sketching it on paper and experimenting with different patterns and colours to refine it.
- Joanne discusses how to choose furniture and the difference between new and used items.
- Prepare your piece for a professional finish by cleaning, sanding, and priming it before learning how to paint it professionally, beginning with the most difficult parts.
1. Basic Materials
- Tools and Materials
- Experimenting Techniques
- Mood Boards
- Colour Combinations
- Sketching Process
2. Preparing Your Piece of Furniture
- How to Choose the Furniture
- Preparing the Piece
- Painting Your Final Designs
- Final Touches
3. Selling Your Furniture
- How to Promote and Sell Your Work