In this course, you will :
- Discover how to use the world around you as inspiration for your illustrations.
- Explore professional gouache painting techniques.
- Learn how to use Photoshop's digital tools to enhance your artwork.
- Dive into the materials required to make colourful sketches in your sketchbook. Experiment with different brush strokes, learn how to control and mix paint, and see how to use gouache to add texture to your artwork. Then, using colour theory as a guide, choose your colour palette.
- demonstrates how to convert your painting into a high-resolution digital image and how to edit it in Photoshop. To finish the course, look into how playful hand lettering can improve your illustrations.
1. Tools, Gouache, and Techniques
- Colour Theory
- Playing with Texture
- Controlling and Mixing the Paint
- Brushstroke Techniques
2. The Painting
- Inspiration and Reference Images
- Sketching in Pencil
- Painting the Background Colours
- Painting Details
- More Details with Colour Pencils
3. Digitalisation and Other Tips
- Adding Hand Lettering
- Editing in Photoshop
- Scanning the Painting