In this course, you will :
- How to make evocative nature illustrations with a dip pen and ink
- Learn how to use traditional techniques to capture the sounds, smells, shapes, and textures of the world around you.
- Explore the history of using nature in art before becoming acquainted with the materials required for the course, which range from fine liners to various pencils.
- Learn how to find references for your art and how to make a mood board out of nature's inspiration. Philip explains how he uses his sketchbook as a visual reference when illustrating.
- Learn how to use a dip pen for various effects, beginning with linework and hatching.
- Introduction to Sketching in Nature
- Tools and Materials
- Finding Your Image
2. Tips and Technique
- Introduction to Using a Dip-Pen
- Highlight, Volume and Depth
- Observational Pen and Ink
3. Creating Your Image
- Sketching Your First Ideas
- Basic Outline in Ink
- Cross-Hatching and Fine Line Work
- Adding Your Border
- Sharing and Selling Your Ink Sketches