In this course, you will :
- Explore your creative flow and embrace the element of surprise as you learn how to paint dynamic portraits using a variety of methods and materials.
- shows you how to use ink, tea, and alcohol to create striking portraits.
- Investigate sketching methods, abstract mark making, and dynamic splashes and strokes.
- As the foundations of your portrait, learn the principles of drawing and basic linework.
- Experiment with abstract marks, patterns, and botanical motifs using your various materials. Find the best spot in the painting to incorporate glass effects such as shards and refractions.
- Learn how to add gold leaf as an optional extra to your piece.
- demonstrates how to remove your finished portrait from the frame and create a hand-torn edge.
- Learn the best practises for scanning and archiving digital copies of your work for future use.
- Finish the course by learning how to use images to create, present, and sell prints.
1. Techniques and Rituals
- Basics of Ink, Tea and Alcohol
- Principles of Drawing and Basic Linework
- Botanical and Pattern Elements
- Glass Effects and Refractions
2. Starting Your Portrait
- First Sketch and Adding Ink
- Experimental Liquid Techniques
- Linework and Tone
- Floral Elements with Ink
- Patterns, Abstract Marks and Glass Effects
3. Embellishing and Sharing Your Work
- Drips and Runs in Gold Leaf
- Removing Frame and Tearing Edges
- Scanning and Archiving