In this course, you will :
- Learn about the sensation of crushing pastels onto paper to create depth and layers.
- Experiment with various mark-making techniques, learn to balance colours, and create eye-catching pastel portrait compositions full of mood and rhythm.
- Discover his creative journey to becoming a well-known pastel portrait artist.
- Apply some basic colour theory to your work to learn how colours can connect with your viewers, and get advice on where to find reference images.
- Learn to balance your portrait's colours with some detail work and the background colour.
1. Pastel Portraiture Fundamentals
- Introduction to Materials
- The Importance of Keeping a Sketchbook
- Mark Making
- Colour Study
- Sourcing References
2. Creating Your Pastel Portrait
- Initial Sketching
- Making an Image Work as a Piece
- Colour Work
3. Sharing Your Work
- Fixing the Work and Packaging
- Photographing and Social Media