In this course, you will learn :
- Discover how to plan and carry out clinical trials. Each design decision has an impact on the quality and validity of your results.
- This course will teach you and your team how to evaluate options, make good design decisions, and implement them in your trial.
- Control for bias, randomise participants, mask treatments and outcomes, identify errors, develop and test hypotheses, and define appropriate outcomes are all skills you'll need.
- Learn how to collect and store data collected during your trial, as well as how to avoid mistakes and errors through quality assurance practices. Clinical trials generate massive amounts of data, so you and your team must plan carefully by selecting the appropriate data collection instruments, systems, and safeguards to ensure the integrity of your trial data.
- Discover how to assemble, clean, and de-identify datasets. Finally, you'll learn how to use performance monitoring to identify and correct deficiencies, manage treatment interventions, and implement quality assurance protocols.
- learn about the more advanced aspects of clinical trial management You and your study team need the skills to implement best practises throughout the trial process, from anticipating and planning for protocol events to conducting systematic reviews to synthesise evidence.
- Learn how to identify and respond to problems and negative events, how to comply with regulations, and how to participate in frameworks that promote transparency.
- Learn how to conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis to synthesise evidence from multiple sources. Finally, you'll discover how the adoption and consistent use of standardised study documents can benefit your research.
- Learn advanced operational skills required for you and your team to run a successful clinical trial.
- Learn about sample size computation and how to create a sample size calculation that is appropriate for your trial design and outcome measures.
- Learn how to use statistical methods to monitor the safety, integrity, and efficacy of your trial.
- Learn how to report the results of your clinical trials in journal articles as well as data monitoring reports. Finally, we'll go over the analyst's role throughout the trial process, as well as a few other topics like simulations and adaptive designs.
- Design and implement clinical trials
- Collect, manage, and analyze data
- Conduct trial monitoring and quality assurance
- Recruit and retain clinical trial particpants