In this course, you will learn :
- Determine and calculate metrics and indicators that can be used to assess the effectiveness of contact tracing programmes.
- To quantify the potential impact of testing and contact tracing strategies on reducing transmission, use an interactive decision support tool.
- Plan strategies for increasing the effectiveness of contact tracing programmes.
- Learn about the underlying assumptions that the tool uses to estimate the impact of contact tracing programmes.
1. Measuring indicators of impact in contact tracing
- Review of SARS-CoV-2 transmission
- Infectious period and generation time
- Reproductive number as indicator of impact of contact tracing
- Introduction to performance metrics
- Surveillance: Detection and isolation of infected people
- Completeness and timing of contact tracing and quarantine
2. Interactive tool to estimate impact in contact tracing
- Contact Tracing Evaluation and Strategic Support Application (ConTESSA)
- Introduction to ConTESSA
- Review: Surveillance Metrics
- Entering Surveillance and Isolation Data
- Review: Contact Tracing Metrics
- Entering Household Contact Tracing Data
- Entering Community Contact Tracing Data
- Model of Contact Tracing Impact
- Viewing the Dashboard and Generating a Report
3. Strategies to increase impact of contact tracing and review of underlying assumptions
- Examining Strategies to Increase the Impact of Contact Tracing
- Comparing programs using Scenario B
- Understanding the Underlying Assumptions