Food security is reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, safe, and nutritious food.
In this course, you will learn :
- Some of the challenges that researchers, policymakers, and individuals around the world face in ensuring food security.
- explore how large-scale change (industrialisation, globalisation, population growth, and climate change) affects food safety, as well as the implications for global health and nutrition.
- Investigate common and emerging global food safety issues using examples from current research. Before discovering innovations designed to counter food safety risks, you'll investigate some well-documented food scandals and scares, as well as hidden or chronic exposures to contaminated food.
- Also learn about global nutrition challenges and strategies for reducing the burden of malnutrition and nutritional deficiencies.
- You'll think about the challenges of meeting macronutrient and micronutrient requirements, as well as research into developing long-term solutions to the world's nutritional needs.
- How do we keep the world’s food safe?
- How do we define nutrients and nutrient requirements?
- How are food safety and nutrition connected?
- What are the global challenges to food safety?
- Global food scares and scandals
- Hidden global challenges and chronic exposures
- What are the global challenges in food and health?
- Macronutrients: A question of quality and balance
- Micronutrient deficiency: Solutions to a global challenge