In this course, you will :
- Learn about the function of a mood board. Then investigate the essential components of one, such as colour, images, and text.
- Consider the benefits of creating a haptic mood board in an increasingly digital world, from audience participation to leaving a lasting impression.
- Gudy discusses some of the most common mistakes that people make when creating mood boards and how to avoid them.
- Choose the message you want to convey and learn how to translate it into an effective mood board while keeping your audience in mind.
- From overlapping to text placement, investigate composition techniques for a well-structured board.
- Examine the significance of negative space and how to use it before learning how to structure focus to emphasise specific concepts and elements. Then, discover how to use colour to convey a message.
- Gudy concludes the course by guiding you through the creation of a mood board from scratch using all of the techniques covered in the course. For a compelling end result that resonates with your audience, start with the idea, vision, and intention before moving on to the physical composition.
1. Setting the Stage and Breaking a Myth
- The Purpose of a Mood Board
- Elements of a Mood Board
- Haptic Mood Board in a Digital-Driven World
2. Let’s Start! But Wait, What’s Your Message?
- Three Most Common Mistakes
- What’s Your Intention and Message?
- From Intention to Mood Board
3. Five Composition Techniques
- Negative Space
4. A Mood Board Project from Start to Finish
- My Idea, Vision, and Intention
- Mood Boarding Process and Result