In this course, you will :
- Learn how to take the right reference photo before doing an exercise on drawing accurate facial proportions.
- Explore portrait drawing by applying previously learned proportional principles to the facial features of your photo reference. To add depth, use graphite to create shadows, mid-tones, and light tone values.
- To give your portrait a realistic appearance, learn blending and detailing techniques.
1. Tools and Techniques for an Expressive Portrait
- Tools and Materials
- Techniques and Exercises with Oil Pastel and Graphite
- Finding Your Own Unique Style
- Choosing a Proper Reference Picture
- Methods of Basic Facial Proportions
2. Creating the Portrait
- Portrait Structure
- Blocking Major Values
- Blending and Detailing Techniques
- Abstraction of the Face
3. Sharing Your Art with the World
- Final Changes, Additions and Tips
- Moving Your Physical Art to the Digital World