In this course, you will :
- Explore how visual and verbal language can interact in a playful way to enhance your narrative. Then, before assembling your first picturebook, digitise your storey with Photoshop and InDesign.
- Learn about the characteristics of a picturebook and how visual and verbal elements interact.
- Learn how to use framing and angles to create a visual language and see how they are used in picturebooks.
1. Basic Concepts and Development of Characters
- What Is a Picture Book?
- Defining Your Character
- Creating a Story
2. Once upon a Time: Building the Picture Book
- Planning the Story
- The Visual Ellipsis
- Making a Mini Dummy
- Finished Illustrations
- The Cover
3. Final Details and Sharing Your Story
- The Finished Dummy
- What Do I Do With My New Book?