In this course, you will learn :
- Create illustrations from observation and imagination to discover the narrative power of drawing.
- Explore lines, angles, and shapes to create eye-catching drawings in your own unique style.
- Learn how to design characters for animation and video games by reading Introduction to Character Design for Animation and Video Games.
- Learn about perspective and how to turn a two-dimensional drawing into a three-dimensional one by adding another axis.
- In your illustration, experiment with the concept of a horizon before learning about vanishing points and converging lines.
- Discover how to use light and shadow in your sketches.
1. How to Get Better at Drawing
- What Is Drawing?
- Every Single Thing Is Made Out of Simple Shapes
- How to Actually Draw
- Angles, the First Secret of Drawing
- Proportions, the Second Secret of Drawing
2. Understanding Basic 3D
- How to Convert a Square Into a Cube
- The Horizon Explanation and How It Solves It All
- One-Point and Two-Point Perspective
- Copying Architecture
- Copying the Human Body
- Applying Light and Shadow
3. How to Create
- A Basic Understanding of Design
- The Elements of a Good Sketch
- Let’s Create Something
- Duplicating and Reshaping
- Exaggerate and Deform