In this course, you will :
- Learn how to paint symmetrical biomorphic patterns using geometric grids for structure and free-hand techniques using traditional methods.
- Explore colour harmony and experimentation, as well as how to outline with ink and a brush to create stunning Islamic art compositions.
- Follow this ancient art form to see where it takes you.
- Learn about the importance of grids and the different types of grids that can be used to create common biomorphic motifs.
- Investigate colour theory in the painting process, such as the colours commonly used in Islamic patterns, creating balance, and mixing and experimenting with paint combinations.
- Then, practise outlining with ink by drawing spirals, curves, and various types of lines, as well as learning how to hold your brush.
- Before tracing and transferring your design, learn how to repeat your pattern to create a circular motif.
- Brief History of Islamic Patterns, Manuscripts, and Illumination
- Grid and Biomorphic Motifs
- Colour Harmony and Painting
2. Drawing and Painting
- Drawing the Grid
- Adding the Biomorphs
- Tracing and Transferring
- Painting Motifs
- Outlining with Ink and Paint
- Painting the Background
3. Sun Rays and Social Media
- Adding Sun Rays
- Community and Social Media