In this course, you will learn :
- How to use brushstrokes to create all four Shikunshi: an orchid, bamboo, chrysanthemum, and plum blossom.
- Discover a thousand-year-old practise that is both a form of expression and a method of mind-setting.
- Learn about the history of Sumi-e painting and Shikunshi, as well as its inherent connection to nature and Zen philosophy.
- How to select the best paper and ink for your painting.
- Discover ink densities and basic brush techniques and movements.
- Discover the meaning of each technique in Japanese while learning how to create some basic ink effects.
1. Theory of Sumi Painting and Materials
- What Is Sumi Painting?
- What is Shikunshi?
- Materials and How to Set Up for Sumi Painting
2. Basic Techniques
- How to Choose Paper and Ink
- Ink Density
- Basic Techniques
- Basic Ink Effects
Basic Brush Practice Movements for Orchid
Basic Brush Practice Movement for Bamboo
Basic Brush Practice Movement for Chrysanthemum
Basic Brush Practice Movement for Plum Blossom
4. Details and After Care
- How to Include the Moonlight
- How to Prepare Your Artwork for Framing