In this course, you will :
- Learn to tell non-linear, visual stories using both analogue and digital tools by creating compelling images that resonate with people of all ages.
- teaches you how to create a theme and structure for your own concept book
- Create your first illustrated vignette in your preferred medium and plan to expand it into a finished book.
- Learn about illustrated concept books and the differences between plot-based picturebooks and vignette-structured picturebooks.
- Learn how to use vignettes to create powerful narratives.
- Examine the relationship between images and text before looking at Cecilia's techniques for creating meaningful illustrations.
1. The Vignette Picture Book
- Concept Picture Books for Adults
- Substance and Form
- The Vignette. Relationship Between Image and Text
- Disecting an Image
2. Creating a Concept Picture Book for Adults
- Settling on a Theme and Structure
- Creating the Master Vignette
3. From Analog to Digital
- Cutting the Shapes Out in Photoshop
- Color the Images
- Combining Image and Text
4. Planning for the Future
- What to Do Next
- Tips and Tricks for Being a Freelance Illustrator