In this course, you will :
- Learn how to write, pencil, and ink an engaging one-page autobiographical comic. Discover your creative routine and turn your life experiences into comic books.
- Begin the course by getting to know Alec Longstreth, a cartoonist, freelance illustrator, and teacher. Learn how he turned his childhood love of comic books into a career, as well as the influences that inspire him and the work he produces.
- Take a look at what the course has to offer. Then, get an overview of comics as a storytelling medium and start brainstorming ideas for your own using the techniques Alec suggests.
- With Alec as your guide, learn how to create legible hand lettering and pencil and ink your page.
- Discover Alec's productivity hacks for the creative process. Then, using either digital or analogue materials, clean up your comic. Finally, learn how to share your work on social media and solicit feedback for future projects.
1. Brainstorming Ideas
- Introducing the Project
- An Overview of Comics
- Generating Ideas!
2. Making Comics: The Creative Process
- Sketching Thumbnails
- The Page Layout
- Penciling and Inking
- Productivity Tips
- Cleaning up the Comic
- Sharing the Comic