In this course, you will :
- Explore the diversity of design by contextualising the function of various furnishings.
- Fabien takes you on a tour of a nearby broomstick factory to familiarise you with the material you'll be working with.
- Learn how to work with various light sources. Then, learn about the various ways to illuminate an interior space.
- Get an overview of different approaches to carrying out your design projects.
- Discover open source design and how to use it in your work.
- Fabien walks you through the materials and tools you'll need to make your lamp, as well as some tips on what to use.
- Design and Context
- My Local Broomstick Factory
- Light Sources: From Fire to LEDs
- Lighting a Space
2. Materials & Tools
- The Open Source Design
- Materials & Tools
- Construction: The Structure
- Construction: The Base
- The Electric Connection
4. Possibilities Are Endless
- Finishing and Colouring
- Playing with Your Lamp Setup