In this course, you will :
- Learn how to use colours and shapes to complement a room's existing colour scheme and bring new life to your interiors.
- Learn how to make a frame loom out of a picture or canvas frame. After warping your loom, learn basic weaving techniques and how to avoid some common problems that may arise.
- See how to clean up your test patch and hem the top of your first creation.
- Investigate how to make overlapping shapes by combining vertical shapes and blending colours.
- Discover Marion's process for selecting the right colour palette for her tapestries.
- Learn how to set up your loom before beginning to weave your final tapestry.
- See how to bind loose ends and sew any gaps in your work.
- Discover the binding technique and apply it to your final piece to add texture. Complete the course by learning how to care for your creation.
1. Basic Weaving Techniques
- Weaving Materials
- Building a Frame Loom
- Let’s Start Weaving: Learning Basic Techniques
- Tidying Up and Doing a Hem Stitch
- Creating Overlapping Shapes
2. Designing a Woven Tapestry
- Choosing Yarn Colors: Color Palette
- Sketching Our Design
- Finding Inspiration
- Preparing the Loom
- Weaving Our Final Project
- Finishing the Piece
- Adding the Binding to Create a Raised Texture
- Taking Care of Your Tapestry