In this course, you will learn :
- How to use your imagination to create illustrations that both communicate and fascinate.
- Discover how to use charcoal as a versatile shading tool in your sketches.
- How to experiment with the viscosity of gouache paints and how they blend on toned paper.
- Before discussing colour and composition, consider how to get your creative juices flowing.
- Discover the basics of digital colouring and tonal adjustments. Before working with value corrections and colour adjustments, scan and import your work.
- How to save your image correctly in order to maximise its quality.
1. Using Materials Creatively
- The Materials
- Using Charcoal in a Painterly Manner
- Gouache on Toned Paper
- Generating Creative Ideas
- Colour and Composition
2. Making the Illustration
- The Initial Sketch
- The Final Drawing
- Execution in Charcoal
- Gouache and Pasting
3. Adding Colour and Finishing Touches
- Value Corrections and Colour
- Saving Your Image
- Two Versions of an Image