In this course, you will :
- Before diving into the course materials, learn about inking theory.
- A series of exercises will help you practise traditional inking techniques. Then, move on to watercolour inks and how to use them to represent light and dark areas, contrast, and mid-tones.
- Finally, consider using digital inks to expedite your creative process.
- Look for areas of contrast and volume in your artwork as you develop it. Then, using watercolours, experiment with tone and texture.
- Work on the background of your piece and add the finishing touches with digital inks.
- Discover how to properly prepare and send your inked page to a colorist and editor.
- What Is Inking?
- Traditional Inks: Technique
- Watercolours: Style
- Digital Inks: speed
2. The Page
- Narrative Inks
- Inking: Forms, Outlines, and Light
- Inking: Contrast, Volume, and Texture
- Ink Washes
- Digital Get Together
3. Print Ready
- Top Tips
- Sending Files