In this course, you will :
- Learn the fundamentals of light and shadow, as well as facial structure and proportions.
- Learn how to use shadow mapping techniques to capture realistic facial structures to create eye-catching pencil portraits.
- Learn about the various types of pencils, erasers, blending tools, and paper, as well as how to create different effects with each tool.
- Discover how light behaves and interacts with objects, and how to reflect it in your drawings.
- Create a drawing of a face with five-value shading to learn how shadow mapping works.
- Learn how to choose a reference image to assist you in creating a great portrait.
- Learn how to take professional photographs of your work.
1. Portrait Fundamentals
- Behaviour of Light
- Limited Value Drawing
2. Drawing Proportions and Structure
- Choosing a Reference Image
- Lay In Proportions and Structure
- Eyes and Nose
- Mouth and Ears
3. Rendering Your Drawing
- Shadow Mapping
- Five Value Drawing
4. Taking Your Drawings Further
- Details and Finishing Touches
- Sharing Your Work and Continuing Your Studies