In this course, you will :
- Begin the course by getting to know Gabriela Niko, an artist. Discover her journey to a full-time career as a creative, as well as the influences that inspire her work.
- Before getting an introduction to the tools and materials needed for the course, learn how to prepare your mindset for the drawing process. Learn how to use coloured pencils and learn about colour theory. Then discuss the significance of contrast and hues.
- Gabriela walks you through the steps of drawing a proportionate head. Next, learn how to draw the eyes, lips, nose, and ears in detail before moving on to different hairstyles and facial hair.
- Listen to Gabriela's tips for selecting a photo reference and deciding whether to create a realistic or stylized portrait for your finished piece. Create your initial sketch, then add colour, beginning with the base and working your way up to the hues of the face. Darken the values with planes and lines, and experiment with saturation and contrast. Finally, add any remaining details and finishing touches.
- Discover how to photograph and edit a portrait. Gabriela concludes the course by sharing her advice on how to post your work on social media and grow your online following.
1. Materials and Color Theory
- Values and Contrast
- The Basics of Color Theory
- How to Use Colored Pencils
- Materials and Mindset
2. Head Structure, Face Features, and Hair
- The Basics of Face Proportions
- Face Features
- Different Hairstyles
3. Making the Portrait
- Adding Details and Final Touches
- Layering Hues, Saturation and Values
- The Hues of the Face
- The Base: Cool Shadows and Warm Highlights
- The Initial Sketch
- Picking Good References
4. Documenting and Sharing Your Work
- Sharing the Drawing and Creative Process
- Editing the Drawing