In this course, you will :
- understand the most important issues when planning and evaluating marketing communications strategies and executions.
- be able to combine relevant theories and models with practical information in order to make better marketing communications decisions
- After completing this course, you will be able to use integrated marketing communications (IMC) to build valuable brands and win customers.
1. What is IMC? IMC Planning Background
- Recent Trends in the Market
- Understanding the Marketing Process
- Decisions Required for an Effective Communications Campaign
- Building Customer Based Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- How to Run a Successful Marketing Communications Campaign?
- How to Choose a Marketing Communications Agency?
- Structure of an Advertising Agency
- What are the Main Skills Required to Work in an Advertising Agency?
2. IMC Planning Process
- Consumer Information Processing
- Steps of Effective Communications
- Communications Objectives
- Consumer Decision Making Process
- How Advertising Works – AIDA and Hierarchy of Effects Models
- Consumer Approach to the Buying Process: FCB Grid
- Determining Marketing Communications Budget
- Relationship Between Communications Budget & Sales
- How to Convince Senior Executives on the Marketing Communications Budget?
3. Advertising Management & Design
- Theoretical Approaches to Advertising Design
- Message Strategies I - Cognitive
- Message Strategies II – Affective & Conative
- Advertising Appeals I – Emotional, Fear, Humor
- Advertising Appeals II – Rationality, Sex, Scarcity
- Executional Frameworks I - Animation, Slice of Life, Dramatization, Informative
- Executional Frameworks II – Testimonial, Authoritative, Demonstration, Fantasy
- Spokesperson Selection
- McCann Point of View: How Should a Creative Brief Be? What are the Main Steps of the Creative Process?
- FCB Point of View: How Should a Creative Brief Be? What are the Main Steps of the Creative Process?
4. Marketing Communications Mix
- Sales Promotions
- Public Relations, Sponsorships & Cause Related Marketing
- Alternative Marketing
- Crisis Management
- Digital Marketing & Social Media
- What are the Latest Trends in Digital Marketing?
- Search Engine Optimization & Content Marketing
- Evaluation of an Integrated Marketing Communications Campaign