In this course, you will :
- Learn how to use professional stylistic techniques to manipulate your protagonists' proportions, shapes, and expressions.
- Learn character design principles and, more importantly, when to break them. Are you willing to think outside the box and break the rules of style?
- Investigate the fundamental principles of character design and style, such as shape, silhouette, gesture, and proportion.
- Learn how to analyse a reference photo and how to exaggerate your drawings.
- Before learning how to structure your files for flexibility when colouring, investigate colour and its ability to convey mood and personality.
- Learn how to colour your Procreate character. Make your protagonist stand out on the page by using texture and linear effects.
- Learn how to unify your colour palette, sharpen your image, and add your signature to your finished work before posting it online.
- How to Research Style and Why Being True to Yourself Is Important in Your Work
1. Character Design
- Character Design: A Matter of Style
- Learning to See
- Exaggerating Life
- Push it Until it Breaks!
- Colour Me Happy
2. Doing Some Groundwork
- Writing Yourself a Brief
- Research and Creating a Mood Board
3. Creating Your Character
- Initial ideas - Silhouettes
- Initial Ideas - Thumbnails
- Draw-Overs and Refining the Idea
- Head Sketches
- Bringing It All Together
4. Completing Your Character
- Adding Colour
- Taking Things Up a Notch
- Finalising the Design
5. Onwards and Upwards
- How to Study A Style
- Being Your Authentic Self
- Portfolio Tips and How to Get Into Animation