In this course, you will :
- Understanding how the brain processes and stores information can help students retain and leverage what they learn. explains these systems to you in this section.
- Learn how the BASIC system actually reduces learning and how the alternative learners makes learning successful.
- This brain-based experience is built on the same principles, allowing you to witness, hear, and feel the impact of neuroscience on learning firsthand.
1. BASIC Ways to Reduce Learning
- Boredom, pain, and social isolation
- Abstract ideas vs. concrete experience
- Stress reduces learning
- Information overload gets you lost
- Cognitive overload is exhausting
2. What Trainers Need to Do for LEARNERS
- How to make learning sticky
- Link learning to make it memorable
- Emotions motivate and stick
- Attention is the art of memory
- Repetition, repetition, repetition
- Novel ideas are stickier
- Exercise for brain and body
- Recall, Review, and Recovery
- Stories transform data into learning
3. Why You Don't Need to Be a Neuroscientist
- Six questions you need to ask about research