This course, Instructional Design Foundations, introduces students to the conceptual and theoretical foundations of instructional design, as well as the analysis aspect of instructional system design, in order to develop an innovative instructional solution to organisational performance problems. This course also introduces students to concepts covered in the Instructional Design MasterTrack Certificate programme.
You will be able to do the following after successfully completing this course :
- Explain the key concepts of instructional system design.
- Describe the most important learning and instructional theories.
- Describe the instructional design process and instructional design models.
- Describe various instructional design analysis activities.
1. Introduction to ISD
- Lecture: Essential Terminologies in Instructional Design
- History of Instructional Design
- Reality Check: Roles of Instructional Design across Contexts
- Career Paths for Instructional Designers
2. Foundations and Tools of ISD
- Learning Theories for Instructional Design
- Instructional Theories and Models for Instructional Design
- Instructional Design Models
- Talent Development and the Role of Instructional Design in TD
- Analyzing Learning Context:Needs Assessment
- Learning Environment Analysis
- Needs Assessment within a Higher Education Institution
- Learner Analysis, Differences and Similarities
- Differences and Similarities
- Traits and States
- Diversity and Inclusion: Considerations for Instructional Design
- Analyzing the Learning Task: Learning Goals and Outcomes
- Identifying Information Processing Steps and Prerequisites
- Writing Learning Objectives
- Project Management for Instructional Designers
- Working with Subject Matter Experts