In this course, you will :
- Explore the four fundamentals of narrative technique. Before delving into the pros and cons of framing your story in chronological versus nonlinear order, consider how to create an immersive experience for readers.
- Define tone and narrative tension by delving deeper into the finer details of grammar and word choice.
- Reneé then walks you through the seven different ways you can reveal the most important aspects of your character to a reader.
- Learn how to create a path for your story by selecting a central idea and examining how the story relates to concepts such as time, voice, setting, and character development.
- Reneé tells you a familiar fairy tale as well as her own story to demonstrate the significance of the direction your story takes.
1. Introduction to Creative Writing
- The Spectrum of Scenes
- The Movement of Time
- The Way You Speak (And Write)
- Showing Your Character
2. The Map of Your Story
- What Is Your Story?
- How Will You Use Scenes?
- How Will You Move through Time?
- How Will Your Narrator Sound?
- How Will You Show Your Character?
3. Using Your Map and More!
- Writing a Story from a Craft Map
- My Personal Routine