In this course, you will :
- Learn how to generate ideas for your character and how those ideas can evolve into a story.
- Examine examples of famous stories and the structure they employ, then learn to give depth to your character by incorporating elements such as goals, desires, and lessons.
- Discover what gives a character its voice, and hear Mark's advice on conducting effective research for a more authentic end result.
- Create a character questionnaire that answers all of your protagonist's important questions. Then, using "The Chair" technique, put yourself in the shoes of your character to better understand them.
- Before delving into the obstacles your character faces and writing powerful character descriptions, learn how to create other supporting characters based on your protagonist.
1. Growing Your Idea from Character
- How to Frame Your Idea
- Extracting Key Information
- The Core of a Character
- Character's Voice
- Research Tips and Best Practices
2. Your Character Lives
- Character Questionnaire
- Become Your Character
- Other Characters
- Character Descriptions
3. The One Pager and First Scene
- The One Pager
- Your Character’s First Scene