In this course, you will :
- To begin, generate ideas for your brand's values and core concept. Before sketching the logo, experiment with word associations and mind maps to come up with an original name for your product.
- Next, decide on a primary font and brainstorm ways to make your logo stand out. Ellen also discusses the nuances of optical sizes, as well as how to select a secondary typeface that complements the main font while also adding variety.
- Choose a colour scheme that conveys the concept of your brand, as well as engaging imagery to enhance the story behind it. Once you've completed your design, check out how it looks on various packaging mock-ups and get some expert advice on how to present your work to a client.
1. Getting Started
- Values and Context
- Basic Type Sketches
2. Making a Wordmark
- Choosing a Primary Brand Typeface
- Logotype Studies
- Optical Sizes
- Choosing a Secondary Type Family
3. Building Out the Brand
- Presenting Your Work