In this course, you will :
- Begin with the fundamentals: how to enter strings in R, how to control how numbers are transformed to strings, and how to combine strings to produce output that combines text and nicely formatted numbers.
- Learning about some stringr functions that are very similar to some base R functions, then detecting specific patterns in strings, splitting strings apart, and finding and replacing parts of strings.
- Learn about regular expressions, a programming language used to describe patterns in strings.
- Learn how to deal with strings or patterns that contain Unicode characters (for example, é).
- learn a few new skills, such as reading strings into R and dealing with case problems (e.g. A versus a).
- String basics
- Introduction to stringr
- Pattern matching with regular expressions
- More advanced matching and manipulation