In this course, you will learn :
- introduces the roles and skills required for entry into this exciting new field
- uses examples from successful smart cities around the world to demonstrate the concepts
- If you want to learn how to start or advance a career in this field, or if you are simply interested in the future of your community, this is the course for you.
- The challenges of rapid urbanisation
- Understanding the fundamental functions and requirements of twenty-first-century cities.
- Investigating what makes a smart city smart.
- How are smart cities planned and maintained?
- Big data's role in driving urban innovation
- Smart cities and open data
- The Internet of Things and smart cities
1. Our Future Belongs to Cities
- The big migration
- Challenges of rapid urban development
2. Rethinking How Cities Are Delivered
- Overview of core city functions
- The problem with applying 20th century solutions to 21st century problems
- The amazing opportunity to reinvent our cities
3. Building Smarter Cities
- What is a smart city?
- Examples of smart cities around the world
- Planning tips for a smart city
4. The Role of Data in Driving Urban Innovation
- Data in a city context
- What is open data?
- Data and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Create urban innovation with data