In this course, you will :
- Provides an introduction to data engineering, system design, analytics, and business intelligence.
- explains how to collect and organise data in order to deliver results that your organisation can use
- begins by investigating the modern data ecosystem and how it relates to operating a smart and efficient data hub.
- shows you how to perform the basic tasks involved in data management, such as managing, loading, extracting, and transforming data.
- It also walks you through data staging, profiling, cleansing, and migration.
- Along the way, the course provides actionable recommendations that are applicable to data experts across an organisation, including analysts, engineers, scientists, modellers, and others.
1. Ecosystem Overview
- Data science system overview
- Star schema design overview
- Where does data engineering fit?
- Components of a good data pipeline
- Environment setup
2. Staging Data
- Loading and profiling data
- Data quality testing
3. Cleansing Data
- Adding data types
- Handling missing values
- Verifying addresses
4. Conforming Data
- Performing master data lookups
- Handling inferred members
5. Delivering Analytical Data Sets
- Loading the star schema
- Loading dimension tables
- Loading fact tables
- Creating views