In this course, you will :
- Learn about the threads Ellen recommends for your mending kit and the differences between cotton, alpaca, and wool threads.
- Then, learn how to create a wild colour palette that defies the notion of fast fashion.
- Learn how to prepare your knitwear by distinguishing between rips, frays, and holes. Then, incorporate colours and shapes into your knits and experiment with variations on the basic weaving mend.
- Learn how to modify your mending techniques for different textures when working with chunky and fine yarn.
- Define your own distinct style by creating your own style guide using Ellen's stitches as inspiration.
- Learn how to finish your repairs and set them with an iron. Get Ellen's tips on how to care for your knits when washing them.
- Learn how to use visible mending techniques to repair a knitted sweater and a pair of socks.
1. Introducing the Tools You Need to Get Started with Visible Mending
- Repurposing Yarn From Old Sweaters
- Approaches to Color and Building a Palette
- An Intro to Fibers, Yarns, and Mending on Different Textures
2. Using Visible Mending Techniques
- Holes and Tears in Knits
- Playing with Color and Shape, and Developing Variations on the Same Stitch
- Fraying and Unravelling on Cuffs, Soles of Socks and Heels and Elbows
- Reinforcing with Duplicate Stitches. Swiss Darning
- Combining Mending Techniques to Create Your Own Distinctive Style
3. Washing and Caring For Your Knits
- Building Your Social Media Community
- Knitwear After-Care
- Finishing Your Mends and Washing Your Sweater