In this course, you will learn:
1. What is the difference between circularity and sustainability?
- Consumption as a means of constructing identity
- In terms of fashion, there is a distinction between eco and ego.
- Create a design that is circular.
- Consider design thinking.
2. Circularity in ecosystems
- In style are both individual agency and organic collectives.
- Small-scale solutions are criticised.
- Natural ecosystems
- Governing the shift to circularity from outsourcing countries is a difficult task.
3. Fashionably closing the circle
- Textiles are incredibly complex.
- Textile recycling's challenges and opportunities
- Recognize the difference between organic and synthetic textiles.
- Textile mixes are a challenge.
- Recycling and disassembly design.
4. Bio-based innovation and the emergence of a new materialism
- Find out more about future raw materials.
- New manufacturing methods are being developed.
- Upscaling, automation, and production capacity
- Biomaterials in fashion forecasting
- Fast fashion and online marketing are being debated.
5. Creating value through business
- Modeling a circular business
- In the used clothing market, there is a circular business.
- Discover a new economic paradigm.
- Know the difference between investment and acceleration.
- A look at the blockchain
- How might blockchain be used to increase transparency in the fashion industry?
- Learn about fashion from the standpoint of a retailer.
- Models of e-commerce and circular retail
- Translation and interpretations
- Ecosystem circularity
- Closing the loop
- Biobased innovation & new materialism
- Business as crafting value