In this course, you will :
- Explore the tools and materials required to begin making polymer earrings and learn how to use them. See where Rachael gets her design inspiration and learn some basic colour theory.
- Discover how to blend and mix your colours, as well as how to condition your clay.
- Learn about the safety precautions to take when working with polymer clay and how to set up your workstation.
- Explore decorative techniques like terrazzo, stripes, and marble effects. Then, learn how to make textured surface effects with basic tools.
- Learn how to cure your shapes correctly with a home oven or desktop convection oven, and how to avoid bubbles in your artwork.
- Learn how to clean and care for your finished earrings over time. Finish the course with some of Rachael's advice on how to come up with ideas for earring cards and safely package them.
1. Polymer Clay Materials & Blending Colors
- Materials and Tools
- Color Palette and Color Theory
- How to Blend Colors
2. Clay Preparations & Techniques
- Safety and Clay Conditioning
- Clay Pattern Techniques
- Textured Surface Effects
- Cutting the Clay and Making Shapes
3. Baking and Assembling
- Proper Baking Techniques and Curing Process
- Sanding Techniques
- Drilling and Hardware
- Attaching the Posts
4. After Care and Packaging
- After Care and Preservation