In this course, you will :
- Shows you how to do marquetry and work with wood veneers. Learn about the tools you'll need and how to set up your workspace for an efficient workflow.
- Discover how to use veneers to cut and shape shapes.offers professional advice on everything from starting with smaller pieces to scoring lines.
- Learn how to draw designs for your project after practising creating images using the window method.
- Discover tips and techniques for achieving a professional finish by repairing flaws in your artwork.
- Discover how to wax or varnish your marquetry design to bring out the wood grains.
- Explains how she uses a protective wax for a satin finish to keep the wood from changing colour over time.
1. Introduction to Marquetry
- Introduction to Tools and Setting up Work Space
- How to Cut Veneers
- How to Create an Image with Veneers
- How to Approach Drawing
2. Making a Marquetry Frame
- Planning the Mirror Frame Design
- Building the Image
- Making Edits and Fixing Mistakes
- Glueing and Pressing
- Trimming and Sanding
3. Final Touches
- How to Varnish Your Finished Work
- Adding the Mirror and the Backing