In this course, you will learn :
- How to think conceptually and communicate complex themes using words and graphics in Adobe Illustrator
- To create bold designs, learn how to generate ideas, improve your observation skills, and experiment with colours, spacing, and vector shapes.
- Discover how thorough research and observation lead to successful design. Julian offers tips on how to become sensitive to even the most subtle examples of design in everyday life and how to use it to spark ideas.
- Explore how text and simple images can be used to convey meaning.
- shows you how to sketch in Illustrator to generate ideas and walks you through the program's tools for the final project
- Create the template for your poster series while Julian walks you through the design process and questions to think about.
- Experiment with colours, vector shapes, and effective use of space in Illustrator to develop the fundamentals of your visual ideas. Consider your previous work, then make changes and select your final designs.
- Explore the possibilities of what you can do with your digital work. Learn how to turn it into physical pieces, such as posters, and how to promote it on social media.
1. Understanding Visual Design and Illustrator Tools
- Design Research
- Creating Meaning with Text and Images
- Illustrator Tools and Sketching
2. Creating A Visual Design of Your Own
- Creating the Layout Template
- Sketching with Purpose
- Finalizing the Series
3. What to Do with Your Design
- Turning Your Designs into Posters
- How to Promote Your Personal Project