In this course, you will :
- Create expressive characters with poses, gestures, and colour palettes to tell stories.
- Learn to define the main idea behind a character's pose, also known as the Line of Action, and understand the various elements involved in creating expressive characters.
- How to draw story-telling characters
- Discusses the use of weight and balance to draw a viewer's attention. Before deciding on and sketching your final pose, experiment with exaggerating facial expressions and gestures as a form of communication.
1. What’s the Main Idea Behind the Pose?
- Line of Action: Briefing
- Inspiration and Reference Images
- Character Shapes and Construction
2. Conceptual Sketches
- Narrative Sketches
- Weight and Balance
- Exaggerating Facial Expressions
- Sketching the Character
3. Finalizing Your Character Drawing
- Polishing the Character
- Color Pass
- Face Expressions
- Other Poses
- Creative Advice