In this course, you will learn :
- Corey discusses his design influences in Detroit as well as his professional accomplishments. He describes what he will teach and teases the living room set that has been specially designed for this class.
- Discovering your own personal style is essential for growing as a designer. Corey teaches you how to draw inspiration from the fashion world and then incorporate fashion concepts into a visionary mood board for your projects.
- Corey believes that spaces should be functional while also pleasing and beautiful to look at. Corey provides a guide for approaching every room with a high level of respect, dignity, and seriousness in this lesson.
- Corey introduces his bold, signature approach to using powerful, jubilant colour in unexpected ways, and he shows how he creates a colour board, the next step in his design process.
- Deconstructs the process of pattern mixing and matching and shows how to create visual balance with a bin full of fabrics.
- Corey breaks down the main types of window treatments and gives students his five steps for selecting the best window treatment for each space using shades and drapery from his own projects.
- The right lighting combination can make or break your space. Corey discusses the three types of lighting in any space, as well as some of his favourite statement pieces: sconces.
- Creating Stylish and Functional Spaces
- Defining Your Style
- Coordinating Color
- Mixing and Matching Patterns
- Customizing Your Window Treatments
- Finding Your Light
- Space Planning
- Maximizing Your Design Budget
- Living Room Walkthrough
- Design Is for Everyone
- Becoming A Design Entrepreneur