In this course, you will :
- Demonstrates how to make a patchwork wall hanging from scratch using natural textile dyeing.
- Discover a variety of natural dyeing materials and techniques, as well as how to repurpose old linens.
- Dive into the fundamentals of dyeing and how to achieve vibrant colours before exploring the various fabrics and fibres available.
- Rebecca discusses the importance of selecting the right ones for your project, as well as the tools and materials required for the course.
- Investigate alternative dyeing methods and how to modify colours once your fabric has been dyed.
- Begin by cutting the fabric for sewing, then quilt your piece and learn how to turn it into a hanging piece of art.
1. Introduction to Natural Textile Dyeing
- The Fundamentals of Dyeing
- The Different Types of Fabrics and Fibers
- The Tools and Materials
2. Designing the Patchwork
- Inspiration and Colour Palette
- The Sketch of the Patchwork
3. Dyeing the Fabric
- Preparing the Fabric
- Different Plant Pigments
- Dye Variations
4. Creating the Wall Hanging
- Cutting the Fabric for Sewing
- The Quilt Sandwich and Patchwork
- From Patchwork to Wall Hanging
- Ideas for Other Homewares