In this course, you will :
- Learn about the tools and materials required, as well as where to find them.
- Graeme walks you through the various seasonal flowers you can use and which ones work best.
- Play with colours, shapes, and arrangements to learn how to work with contemporary flower compositions. Search for references and make a mood board for your designs to get ideas.
- Graeme discusses the importance of sourcing flowers locally and shares some gardening tips.
- When working with contemporary floral design, hear some dos and don'ts.
- Learn how to properly prepare your flowers in a vase or vessel and how to keep them looking fresh for a longer period of time.
- Make a hand-tied bouquet with a variety of flowers in a variety of colours and textures for your first design.
- Learn how to arrange your next design in a small bud vase bowl using a pin frog.
- Then, in a large bowl, create a more complex floral arrangement using ikebana style techniques, which Graeme says are ideal for event centrepieces. Graeme then shows you how to photograph your work by creating a stylish tablescape with your designs.
1. Tools and Inspiration
- Creating a Mood Board
- Colour and Composition
- Types of Flowers and Seasonality
- Tools and Materials
2. Sourcing and Prepping
- Prepping Your Flowers and Vessels
- Do's and Don'ts, Tips, and Tricks
- Sourcing and Growing
- Tablescape and Styling
- Large Bowl
- Small Bud Vase Bowl
- Hand-Tied Bouquet
4. Showcasing Your Designs
- Social Media Tips
- Photography Tips