In this course, you will learn :
- How to create strong visual concepts while also gaining a thorough understanding of the editorial industry.
- Investigate his editorial illustration work and discover how to create memorable visuals that enhance the message of any written text.
- How to prepare illustration work for publication and get expert advice on how to promote your work through networking and a strong portfolio.
- Discover a little bit about his professional background and how he got started in the field.
- Learn the elements of a good illustration and experiment with different approaches to a topic.
- Understand thumbnail sketches and what a client expects to see when they see them.
1. Inside Illustration
- Introduction to Editorial
- What Is a Brief? What Information Should We Focus On?
- What Makes a Good Illustration?
2. Creating Original Ideas and Sketches
- The Importance of Thumbnail Sketches
- Coming Up with Original Concepts from Our Brief
- Creating Your Thumbnail Sketches
3. Creating the Final Line Work
- Alternative: Working Traditionally
- Refining Your Sketch
- Final Line Work
4. Color, Texture, and Final Touches
- Color Flats
- Shadows and Lighting
- Creating Your Own Textures from Scratch
- Applying the Final Colors and Final Touches
5. Getting Started and Navigating the Industry
- Building a Portfolio
- Finding Prospective Clients
- Getting Your Work Out There
- Business Practices and Expectations