In this course, you will :
- Develop your drawing skills and learn to keep an illustrated journal of your daily life.
- how to express yourself as a character and document your days and experiences in a way that others can relate to
- explore chronicling in your sketchbook and then as a digital version for social media.
- Explore what a visual diary is as Pepita shows examples and describes the final project in detail.
- Learn how to use various materials and techniques to create your visual diary, and how each can produce different results.
- Then understand your unique ‘creative DNA’ by gathering personal references and inspiration to build a mood board.
- Investigate different ways to stimulate creativity by learning to observe things in different ways.
- Learn how to use Photoshop and Procreate to digitise your work for social media sharing.
- Recognize themes and patterns in your diary that can be used to create a comic-style collection of stories.
1. Getting Ready
- What Is a Visual Diary?
- Materials and Techniques
- Creative DNA
- Draw Yourself
2. Getting Ideas
- What’s inside Your House
- Drawing Safari
- Time Travel
3. Laying Out Your Stories
- Create a Single-Panel Visual Entry
- Creating a Multi-Panel Entry
- Creating an Hourly Multipage Diary Entry
- Experimental Freestyle Drawing
4. What’s Next for Your Visual Diary?
- Digitize and Share
- Make a Collection of Stories