In this course, you will :
- Learn how to paint dynamic works of art and use digital tools to retouch them. Using watercolours, bring heroes from your imagination to life.
- Begin the course by getting to know Tony Moy, a mixed-media artist. Learn how he transitioned from studying STEM to a career as a full-time artist, as well as the influences that inspire him and the work he produces.
- Investigate the course's tools and materials. Then, for your character, create thumbnails focusing on various poses and layouts.
- Learn how to simplify your sketches into shapes before painting, and how to transfer your final idea to paper for your cover.
- To conclude the course, Tony demonstrates how to adjust contrast, remove imperfections, and more, as well as how to export your work for sharing on social media.
1. Preparation Work
- The Tools and Materials
- Creating Thumbnails
- Value Studies
- Transferring an Image
2. The Painting
- The Initial Wash: The Foreground, Middle Ground, and Background
- The Intermediary Wash: Dynamic Shadows
- The Intermediary Wash: Painting Fire
- The Intermediary Wash: General Midtones and Forms
- The Initial Wash: Setting the Tone and the Light Source
3. The Final Touches
- Final Layout
- The Final Wash: Details and Airbrushing
- The Final Wash: The Textures
- The Final Wash: Finishing the Environment