In this course, you will :
- Learn the fundamentals of character art and how to advance your skills.
- Learn how to mine and blend original reference to create striking and unique characters as you progress from concept to sculpt to final textured asset.
- Learn how to use line, shape, and anatomy to your advantage to create work that is not only realistic but iconic.
- Investigate the enigmatic world of colour and texture, and become acquainted with the concept of artistic control – the ultimate power of any artist in any field of art.
1. Dreaming the Impossible
- Collecting Reference for Original Design
- Concepting with Line and Shape
- A Winning Personality
- Avoiding Pitfalls in Character Design
2. Building up the Beast
- Intro to Anatomical Sculpting & Methodology
- The Organic Machine: Constructing Muscle & Bone
- Employing Shape Language: Addition & Subtraction
- Kind Eyes: Personality & Facial Traits
- Adding Swag: Incorporating Unusual Anatomical Traits
3. Making It Real
- Balancing the Complex
- Employing Shape Language
- The Balancing Act: Detail & Simplicity
- Maintaining a Visual Hierarchy
- Adding Age & Weight
- Creating Surface Detail & Tactile Engagement
- Intermission: Transitioning from High to Low Poly
4. Color & Life
- Intro: The Power of Textures
- The Exploration of Values
- The Balance of Color
- Getting Roughed up: Using Specular/Roughness to Enhance Sculpt Detail
- Drawing the Eye Using Gradients
- The Qualities of Skin, Eyes, and Teeth
- A Magnetic Contrast8mThe Finishing Details