In this course, you will learn
- Assemble a test rig with a motor and several sensors.
- Understand and apply motor control commands.
- Use a variable which stores distance to an obstacle.
- Control motor output using sensor input (i.e. keep constant distance from moving obstacle).
- Write functions which move the robot forward a precise number of centimetres.
- Write functions to control the movement of the robot arm and claw.
- Program the robot to lift and throw objects.
- Program the robot with a zig zag line following algorithm.
- Perform advanced proportional control line following.
- Use feedback to keep distance from objects, this means the robot slows down gradually avoiding braking and falling over.
- Use booleans and touch sensor to activate every program with a push of a button once robot is disconnected from the computer.
- Combine line following and distance control to follow the line up to an object.
- Integrate arm functions with line following to pick up rubbish along a road.
- Write a function that scans space.
- Program the robot to locate, drive up to and pick up objects which are placed at random locations.