In this course, you will :
- Explore expressive design and how it relates to lettering. Before Rich walks you through important steps to establish how you handle a brief, explore it. Then consider how to draw inspiration from pop culture.
- Begin the creative process under Rich's supervision. Create a list of phrases and begin sketching. Choose your strongest, add personal touches, refine your linework, and add colour to elevate your piece.
- Rich demonstrates how to prepare your work for client presentation, and then demonstrates how to take your work to the next level, now and in the future, through collaboration, social media, and the addition of animation.
- You will have created a bold hand-lettered illustration that showcases your own recognisable aesthetic by the end of this course.
1. Getting Briefed and Getting to Work
- Expressive Design
- The Brief: A Conversation with the Client
- Finding Inspiration in Pop Culture
2. Coming up with an Idea
- Defining the Phrase
- Starting to Sketch
- Embellishing and Refining
- The Power of Color
3. Sharing the Artwork
- A Mock-up for the Presentation
- Taking It to the Next Level