In this course, you will learn:
- You'll learn everything about using the brush and brush pen to create a hand-lettered logotype.
- Examine each of the equipment you'll need, as well as the theory and the differences between calligraphy, hand lettering, and type design, one by one.
- Use what you've learned and practiced to create a replica of a well-known logo, from drawing it and tracing it onto the canvas to painting it and adding the finishing touches.
- The course's last section focuses on polishing and presenting your work in a clear and professional manner.
- Before sharing your work on Instagram, learn how to lacquer and frame it, as well as the best ways to scan and digitize it.
1. Who is James Lewis?
- What We Will Do in the Course
2. The Fundamentals of Brush Lettering
- Tools and Technique
- Calligraphy, Lettering, and Type Design
- An introduction to Brush Lettering - The Brush Pen
- Beginning with a Brush
- Developing your Skills with a Brush - Part 1
- Developing your Skills with a Brush - Part 2
- Developing your Skills with a Brush - Part 3"
3. Brush Lettering a Logo
- Brief and Custom Logos
- Logo Painting Preparation
- Replicating Coca Cola’s logotype - The Paint Brush
- Replicating Champion's logotype: A Different Approach
4. Going Further
- Varnish and Framing our Work
- From Analog to Digital
- Showcasing your work and building an audience